Times Business Editor Kimi Yoshino announced the debut of the Hot Property blog, and the addition of reporter Neal Leitereg. Here's her memo to the staff:
Since its inception in 1984, Hot Property has been a trailblazer for celebrity real estate news – a Times hallmark emulated by numerous other outlets in print and online. As it nears its 30th anniversary, Hot Property is undergoing an exciting expansion.
Neal Leitereg, who made a name for himself breaking sports celebrity news at Realtor.com, has joined The Times' Business staff. He's teamed with veteran Hot Property columnist Lauren Beale and real estate editor Peter Pae to launch a Hot Property blog that will be a must-read destination for celebrity real estate news.
The Hot Property coverage will include many new features:
- Real estate transactions of all-star athletes and high-profile executives.
- Home of the Day – spotlighting the most spectacular houses on the market around Southern California and beyond.
- Throwback Thursday – leading up to Hot Property’s 30th anniversary in November, we’ll revisit previously featured homes, including prices and celebrity ownership then and now.
- Price Chops – celebrity homes that have been reduced in price.
- On the Market – a look at what your money will buy in various neighborhoods.
- A sports-themed edition of Hot Property by Neal will now run Saturdays in print. Lauren’s celebrity-focused column will continue to appear on Sundays.