THE TIMES' TOP 25 PRESEASON FOOTBALL RANKINGS
Rank, School, 2013 record, division, comment
1. ST. JOHN BOSCO; 16-0 (SS, Pac-5); Braves are capable of scoring TDs in bunches.
2. LONG BEACH POLY; 11-2 (SS, Pac-5); Defense should be outstanding; offense is developing.
3. SERVITE; 6-6 (SS, Pac-5); Loaded senior class is ready to compete for title.
4. CORONA CENTENNIAL; 12-3 (SS, Pac-5); Ready to take on the big boys in Pac-5.
5. GARDENA SERRA; 13-1 (SS, Pac-5); If the QBs are ready to go, so will be the Cavaliers.
6. MATER DEI; 11-3 (SS, Pac-5); Defensive line is impressive.
7. ALEMANY; 10-3 (SS, Pac-5); An improved defense gives Warriors chance to be factor in Pac-5.
8. WESTLAKE; 8-3 (SS, Pac-5); All the pieces are in place for a terrific season.
9. MISSION VIEJO (SS, West Valley); 11-1; Leaving the Pac-5 will do wonders for Diablos.
10. UPLAND; 9-4 (SS, West Valley); Lots of Division I recruits, but they must play together.
11. CHAMINADE; 14-2 (SS, Pac-5); Eagles have good line, strong running backs.
12. VISTA MURRIETA; 12-2 (SS, West Valley); Strong line play will keep Broncos winning.
13. TESORO; 9-3 (SS, West Valley); QB Devon Modster is ready to star.
14. HART; 12-3 (SS, West Valley); The Brady White-Trent Irwin passing combo is tough to stop.
15. SHERMAN OAKS NOTRE DAME; 7-4 (SS, Pac-5); Watch out for receiver CJ Sanders.
16. ST. BONAVENTURE; 8-4 (SS, Pac-5); If the defense comes around, beware.
17. ORANGE LUTHERAN; 7-4 (SS, Pac-5); LB Keisean Lucier-South is quite a player.
18. OAKS CHRISTIAN; 8-3 (SS, Pac-5); Bill Redell didn't return to lose games.
19. SANTA MARGARITA; 4-6 (SS, Pac-5); Eagles have lots of weapons to cause trouble.
20. RANCHO CUCAMONGA; 10-2 (SS, West Valley); Lots of young players are ready to contribute.
21. NEWBURY PARK; 5-5 (SS, Northern); The Holmes brothers will make a difference.
22. JSERRA; 7-3 (SS, Pac-5); Must find a way to make it through Trinity League gantlet.
23. RANCHO VERDE; 11-3 (SS, Inland); QB Sheriron Jones makes things happen.
24. NARBONNE; 11-3; City DI); Gauchos have improved size, speed.