Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
3/4 cup puréed strawberries
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon minced lemon grass
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4cup passion fruit vinegar or other fruit-flavored vinegar
1. In a blender, combine the strawberry purée, sugar, mint, lemon grass, shallots, lemon juice and vinegar. Blend to a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
1 cup green beans, blanched
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced lemon grass
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 cups chopped chicory, green tops trimmed
1 cup sliced mango
1/4 cup radish sprouts
1. In a vegetable steamer, bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, place the artichokes in the steamer basket, cover and steam until a fork easily pierces the bottom of the heart at the stem, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove the artichokes and let cool. Break off the artichoke leaves to expose the fuzzy choke. Scrape away the choke with a spoon, leaving the heart. Cut off the stem and slice the artichoke heart into one-quarter-inch pieces.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a little salt and the green beans. Blanch until the beans are done but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
3. Combine the olive oil, lemon grass and garlic in a bowl. Add the scallops and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Place a sauté pan over high heat. When hot, add the scallop mixture and sear the scallops, turning once, until browned at the edges on both sides, about one minute per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
4. Combine the artichoke hearts, green beans and chicory in a bowl and mix with 6 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with the mango and radish sprouts. Arrange the scallops around the salad. Drizzle the plates with some of the remaining vinaigrette, or serve alongside (you will have some dressing left).