California, you've been robbed. That's my biased opinion of TripAdvisor travelers' ranking of the top 10 beaches in the U.S. announced Tuesday that selected only one in California.
In 2014, Hawaii claimed seven of TripAdvisor's top beach spots, including No. 1 ranked Lanikai Beach on Oahu. California beaches didn't appear on the 2014 list.
Worldwide, the beach on Sancho Bay (or Baia do Sancho) on the island of Fernando de Noronha, Brazil, lays claim for the second year in a row as TripAdvisor's best beach in the world.
Here are TripAdvisor's 2015 Travelers' Choice awards for U.S. beaches:
1. Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Fla.
2. St. Pete Beach in St. Pete, Fla.
3. Kaanapali Beach in Lahaina, Maui
4. Waianapanapa State Park in Hana, Maui
5. Pensacola Beach in Pensacola Beach, Fla.
6. La Jolla Cove in La Jolla
7. Kailua Beach Park in Kailua, Oahu
8. Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Fla.
9. St. Augustine Beach in St. Augustine, Fla.
10. Beach at Panama City in Panama City Beach, Fla.
Cuba and Australia are newcomers to the 2015 top international beaches selected by TripAdvisor users:
1. Sancho Bay in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
3. Rabbit Beach in Lampedusa, Italy
4. Playa Paraiso Beach at Cayo Largo, Cuba
5. Playa de Ses Illetes in Formentera, Spain
6. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, the Seychelles
7. White Beach in Boracay, Philippines
8. Flamenco Beach in Culebra, Puerto Rico
9. Whitehaven Beach in Whitsunday Islands, Australia