Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Hansen and Irene Dunlap, co-authors of "Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul"--a collection of real-life stories told by children, celebrities and adults--will sign at 4 p.m. Saturday at Planet Hollywood, 1641 W. Sunflower Ave., Santa Ana.
The event is one of three at Planet Hollywood locations and at 129 bookstores nationwide that day; the signings will involve 110 contributing children and celebrity authors. (The multiple signings for one book will be logged with the "Guinness Book of World Records.")
Other Orange County locations where local contributors to the book will sign Saturday:
* 2 p.m. at Barnes & Noble in Metro Pointe, 901 S. Coast Drive, Costa Mesa.
* 2 p.m. at Barnes & Noble in MainPlace/Santa Ana, 2800 N. Main St.
* 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble in Triangle Square, 1870 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa.
Also This Week
* Tami Brannon-Quan and Lisa Licavoli, authors of "Love Your Body: A Guide to Transforming Body Image," will sign at 2 p.m. today at Barnes & Noble in the Marketplace, 13712 Jamboree Road, Irvine.
* James W. Hall, author of "Body Language," will sign at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at Book Carnival, 348 S. Tustin Ave., Orange.
* An open reading will be held at 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Ugly Mug Cafe, 261 N. Glassell St., Orange.
* Employee rights attorney and Los Angeles Times columnist Don D. Sessions, author of "Employee Rights in California: 101 Practical Answers," will speak and sign at 7 p.m. Thursday at Barnes & Noble in Fashion Island, 953 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach.
* Kristi Kanel, author of "A Guide to Crisis Intervention," will speak and sign at 7 p.m. Friday at Borders Books and Music, 429 S. Associated Road, Brea.
* PEN Orange County will present a reading by poet Steve Kowit at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Redberry Cafe, 1088 Irvine Blvd., Tustin.
* Jason Kelly, author of "Y2K: It's Already Too Late," will speak and sign at 7 p.m. Saturday at Borders Books and Music, 429 Associated Road, Brea.
* Sports agent Leigh Steinberg, author of "Winning With Integrity: Getting What You're Worth Without Selling Your Soul," will sign at 2 p.m. Saturday at Barnes & Noble in Fashion Island, 953 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach.
* Los Angeles Times food columnist and test kitchen director Donna Deane, author of "The Low-Fat Kitchen," will sign at noon Saturday at Sur La Table, 832 Avocado Ave., Newport Beach.
* A used-book sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Costa Mesa Branch Library, 1855 Park Ave.