Most of L.A. County’s big home sales from last year have made their way into the public record. Here are the larger sales, compiled using PropertyShark.com data and Times archives:
- Topping the crop, of course, was Candy Spelling’s $85-million sale of the Manor in Holmby Hills.
- A distant second, by comparison, was the sale of La Belle Vie, the mammoth Bel-Air residence built in 1993 for philanthropist Iris Cantor by her husband. It sold for $40 million.
Jennifer Anistonhas sold her Beverly Hills estate for $35 million.
- A 5-acre compound in Brentwood went for $26 million.
- Technology entrepreneur and philanthropist David Bohnett sold a walled estate in Beverly Hills for $23,079,750.
- A Westwood mansion sold for $21.5 million.
- A beachfront house in Malibu Colony sold for $21.45 million.
- Former talent manager Sandy Gallin sold a remodeled home in Bel-Air for $21 million.
Missing from the list is the Beverly Hills-area estate that actress
bought. The Multiple Listing Service showed it as selling for $22.95 million. Public records list the price as $16.19 million.
Interestingly, all the sales except for Aniston’s closed in the first half of the year.