The 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards on
The moments that drove the most conversation were "
The celebrities garnering the most mentions were
The second-most Tweeted-about TV event of the week was the People's Choice Awards, which produced some 2 million tweets that reached a Twitter audience of more than 8 million users.
Nielsen SocialGuide develops its Twitter TV ranking by capturing relevant tweets during an episode's airing, as well as three hours before and after the initial broadcast. It ranks prime-time shows but excludes sports events.
The top 10 Twitter TV shows for the week of Jan. 6 are:
- The 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards (NBC), Sunday, unique audience, 10,437,000; tweets, 2,359,200
- The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards (CBS), Wednesday, unique audience, 8,124,400; tweets, 1,995,500
- Pretty Little Liars (
ABC Family), Tuesday, unique audience, 6,901,200; tweets: 1,335,400
- The Bachelor
(ABC), Monday, unique audience, 5,876,700; tweets, 434,600
- Teen Wolf (
MTV), Monday, unique audience, 5,061,000; tweets, 920,600
Horror Story: Coven (FX), Wednesday, unique audience, 3,384,000; tweets: 206,300
- Ravenswood (ABC Family), Tuesday, unique audience, 2,734,600; tweets: 181,200
- WWE Monday Night RAW (USA), Monday, unique audience, 2,130,500; tweets, 226,100
- Being Mary Jane (
BET), Tuesday, unique audience, 1,707,300; tweets: 244,400
- True Detective (HBO), Sunday, unique audience, 1,659,600; tweets, 27,800