"The Walking Dead" sent more than a few humans scrambling to their
The show attracted a television audience of 16.1 million viewers — a record for the series. It also generated a ton of chatter on social media, with some 1.2 million tweets attracting a Twitter audience of nearly 7.5 million, according to Nielsen's SocialGuide unit.
FX's horror anthology "American
The full rankings for the week, according to Nielsen:
- The Walking Dead (AMC), Sunday, Unique Audience: 7,491200, Tweets: 1,172000
- American Horror Story: Coven (FX), Wednesday, Unique Audience: 4,623,800, Tweets: 435,600
- Catfish: The TV Show (
MTV), Tuesday, Unique Audience: 3,544,300, Tweets: 743,600
- The X Factor (FOX), Wednesday, Unique Audience: 2,393,300, Tweets: 422,900
- The Voice (NBC), Monday, Unique Audience: 1,972,200, Tweets: 115,000
Jimmy Kimmel Live(ABC), Wednesday, Unique Audience: 1,942,500, Tweets: 57,100
- Dancing with the Stars (ABC), Monday, Unique Audience: 1,695,900, Tweets: 43,500
- WWE Monday Night RAW (USA), Monday, Unique Audience: 1,391,600, Tweets: 176,800
Keeping Up with the Kardashians(E!), Sunday, Unique Audience: 1,215,600, Tweets: 32,900
- The Voice (NBC), Tuesday, Unique Audience: 1,147,800, Tweets: 49,000
CORRECTION: Due to erroneous information furnished by Nielsen, the social media reaction to "Glee's" tribute to the late Corey Monteith was omitted from the results for the week of Oct. 7. The show's send-off to Monteith produced 822,100 tweets that reached a Twitter audience of 5.2 million; ranking as the second-most discussed show of the week on the social media platform.