AMC's zombie apocalypse show "The Walking Dead" roused Twitter followers this last week, ranking the show at the top of Nielsen's Twitter TV rankings for the week of Oct. 28.
"The Walking Dead" episode, titled "Indifference" provoked the opposite reaction among the show's viewers, who generated 359,000 tweets that reached an audience of 4.3 million Twitter followers.
ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" episode, in which reality TV star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi was eliminated, generated 59,000 tweets that reached a Twitter audience of 2.2 million.
"Saturday Night Live," with "Scandal" star Kerry Washington hosting, rounded out the top three most social shows of the week.
Nielsen's SocialGuide tracks tweets associated with TV shows and the number of distinct Twitter accounts that received at least one comment. The rankings for the week are as follows:
1. The Walking Dead (AMC), Sunday, Unique Audience: 4,254,900, Tweets: 359,400
2. Dancing With the Stars (ABC), Monday, Unique Audience: 2,240,000, Tweets: 59,300
3. Saturday Night Live (NBC), Saturday, Unique Audience: 2,147,100, Tweets: 70,400
4. The X Factor (Fox), Tuesday, Unique Audience: 1,933,800, Tweets: 372,500
5. American Horror Story: Coven (FX), Wednesday, Unique Audience: 1,838,800, Tweets: 126,200
6. The Voice (NBC), Monday, Unique Audience: 1,628,400, Tweets: 94,000
7. Awkward. (MTV), Tuesday, Unique Audience: 1,605,700, Tweets: 75,800
8. 2013 Golden Glove Awards (ESPN2), Tuesday, Unique Audience: 1,579,900, Tweets: 41,500
9. Scandal (USA), Monday, Unique Audience: 1,486,400, Tweets: 189,800
10. WWE Monday Night RAW (USA), Monday, Unique Audience: 1,486,400, Tweets: 189,800