This post has been corrected
The show's mid-season finale generated more than 880,000 tweets that reached a Twitter audience of 5.9 million, making it the most social show for the week of Nov. 25.
BET'S "Soul Train Music Awards," which featured performances by Jennifer Hudson, Evelyn "Champagne" King, Chaka Khan and T.I., ranked as the second most-tweeted-about show of the week, producing more than 400,000 comments that reached some 3.5 million users on Twitter.
NBC's singing competition, "The Voice," was also the subject of much social media discussion online, producing nearly 1 million tweets read by more than 3.2 million Twitter users.
The rankings are based on Nielsen SocialGuide's monitoring of relevant tweets, captured during and three hours after an episode's initial telecast.
The top 10 Twitter TV shows of the week:
- "The Walking Dead" (AMC), Sunday; Unique Audience: 5,907,900; Tweets: 880,400
- "2013 Soul Train Awards" (BET), Sunday; Unique Audience: 3,509,200; Tweets: 417,100
- "The Voice" (NBC), Tuesday; Unique Audience: 3,201,500; Tweets: 940,700
- "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC), Tuesday; Unique Audience: 2,526,100; Tweets: 121,100
- "Dancing With the Stars (ABC), Monday; Unique Audience: 2,148,400; Tweets: 91,100
- "The Voice" (NBC), Monday; Unique Audience: 1,837,500; Tweets: 136,800
- "Pit Bulls and Parolees" (Animal Planet), Saturday; Unique Audience: 1,802,700; Tweets: 4,900
- "WWE Monday Night Raw" (USA), Monday; Unique Audience: 1,493,800; Tweets: 132,300
- "Garth Brooks, Live From Las Vegas" (CBS), Friday; Unique Audience: 1,450,700; Tweets: 39,400
- "The X Factor" (Fox), Wednesday; Unique Audience: 1,067,100; Tweets: 126,200
An earlier version of this post noted that "The Walking Dead" eclipsed NFL football and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as the most tweeted about TV shows. The Twitter TV rankings pertain only to prime time programs, exclude live televised sporting events.