Arts & EntertainmentMinistry of Gossip

Taylor Swift granted 3-year restraining order against scary fan

Courts and the JudiciaryTaylor SwiftJustice SystemCrime, Law and Justice

Taylor Swift was granted a three-year restraining order Tuesday against a man who allegedly has been threatening her and her parents.

Timothy Sweet has maintained that he is married to the Grammy-winning singer and allegedly sent messages threatening to "kill any man who gets in the way" of his perceived relationship with her, according to court documents obtained by the Associated Press.

The 24-year-old singer-songwriter said in a sworn written declaration that she was concerned about her safety in public and at home; court documents said Sweet had visited her homes in Beverly Hills and Nashville.

PHOTOS: Taylor Swift is never, ever getting back together with...

"Mr. Sweet's course of conduct, including threats to harm my family, are seriously alarming and harassing and are extremely distressing to me and my family," she wrote in the declaration, filed March 3.

Neither Swift nor Sweet appeared in court on Tuesday when Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson granted the restraining order.

Swift had obtained a temporary restraining order against Sweet, 33, earlier this month, according to E! News. The Tuesday decision extended the order to three years. Sweet will now have to stay 100 yards away from Swift, her parents and their home, and her homes and places where she works in th Los Angeles area and Nashville, AP and TMZ reported.

Apparently, Sweet had been harassing Swift since January 2011 by sending her emails, letters and social-media messages telling her how much he loved her, TMZ said.

It's not the first time the country darling has needed a court to run interference for her -- and we're just talking about this month.

Daniel Cole, 38, of Brewster, Mass., was also ordered to stay away from the "Mine" singer's vacation home on the Rhode Island shore, AP reported. Cole was summoned before a state judge last Friday after police said he ignored warnings to stay away from her Westerly mansion. He was issued a no-contact order and released on his own recognizance.

ALSO:

Actor James Rebhorn wrote his own (lovely) obituary

Andrea Bocelli marries longtime girlfriend Veronica Berti in Italy

Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin split, call it 'conscious uncoupling'

Follow @NardineSaad

nardine.saad@latimes.com

Follow Ministry of Gossip @LATcelebs.

PHOTOS AND MORE: PHOTOS: Celebrity portraits by The Times PHOTOS: Royal visit to New Zealand and Australia PHOTOS: 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
Related Content
Courts and the JudiciaryTaylor SwiftJustice SystemCrime, Law and Justice
Comments
Loading