Zayn who? One Direction moves on after scrubbing Malik from intro video

One Direction settles into life as a four-man boy band; Zayn Malik reportedly house-hunts with Perrie Edwards

Hey, Zayn Malik, don't let the door hit you on the way out: One Direction has reportedly already scrubbed the group's former fifth man from the video intro that kicks off its "On the Road Again" concerts.

Malik's mug was absent from the video at the now-quartet's Saturday show in Johannesburg, South Africa, according to Britain's Independent. He took himself off tour on March 19 and officially quit the group last Wednesday. The Johannesburg gig was the band's first since that permanent parting of the ways.

Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson performed Malik's solos on Saturday, the Independent said. The boy band had already done four-man shows in Jakarta, Indonesia, and in Manila.

Liam Payne appeared to tweak a line in the tune "Night Changes" to acknowledge his mate's departure, Gossip Cop reported. "Having no regrets is all that she really wants" became, "Having no regrets is all that he knew he wants."

Johannesburg fans could also still buy concert merchandise bearing all five faces, the website said.

"I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight," Malik said in a statement last week. 

Apparently, "normal" includes shopping for a multimillion-dollar house with your fiancee, according to pictures of him and Perrie Edwards taken last week and published over the weekend by London's Mirror.

Looks as if everyone's OK with moving on ...

Follow Christie D'Zurilla on Twitter @theCDZ and Google+. Follow the Ministry of Gossip on Twitter @LATcelebs.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times