Whether or not you tuned into the 2014
With so much happening, it's no surprise there's more to say. Here are 10 pressing observations from the show.
1. Robin Thicke can do better. Word got out that the pop-R&B crooner would use the Billboard stage to woo his estranged wife
2. Milestone Award? The fan-voted honor is about ingenuity and innovation. Last year it went to
4. When did John Legend become a boring coffeehouse singer? There's much to love about his sweet ballad "All of Me," but watching Legend perform these days has become a chore. His segment, which included a shameless bank promotion, was a complete snore.
6. Producers shoved the World Cup anthem down our throats. Pitbull and
7. Worst pacing ever. Between that terrible World Cup opening, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan's bro-country assault and Shakira's screeching, the first third of the show felt like the sluggish middle section of the show. How long was this thing again?
8. Don't bother seeing
9. Jennifer Lopez is 44. Lopez continues to be taken for granted. Like
10. 5 Seconds of Summer is not the Beatles. After reality "star" Kendall Jenner gloriously botched the introduction, a short video compared the Australian boy band's U.S. debut to the Beatles' arrival in America. Absolute blasphemy. If you put a gun to our head and asked us to name a single member of the group, let alone what they sounded like, we'd be dead. And, after hearing their song, probably happier.