Total time: 35 minutes plus chilling time
Servings: 6 to 8
6 large bell peppers, assorted colors
2 ears corn, shucked
Juice of 2 lemons, or to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon chipotle or New Mexico chile powder, or to taste
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Core the peppers and cut them into lengthwise strips no thicker than one-eighth inch and about 2 1/2 inches long. Place the sliced pepper in a large bowl.
2. Slice the kernels off the corn, and toss them with the peppers.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, garlic, olive oil, agave syrup, salt and chipotle powder to form a dressing. Taste and adjust to taste.
4. Pour the dressing over the peppers and toss well to coat completely. Stir in the cilantro and toss until evenly combined. This makes about 6 cups slaw.
5. Cover and refrigerate the pepper slaw at least 1 hour before serving. The slaw will keep for up to 2 days, refrigerated.
Each of 8 servings: 117 calories; 2 grams protein; 14 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 302 mg. sodium.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times