Rosemary marshmallow squares
Total time: 20 minutes, plus cooling time
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 (16-ounce) bag plain marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 (12-ounce) box crisped rice cereal
1. In a large sauté pan heated over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the rosemary and stir until the rosemary is coated.
2. Stir in the marshmallows, and continue to stir until the marshmallows melt and mix with the butter, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the vanilla and salt, then slowly stir in the cereal until it is evenly coated. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Transfer the mixture to a shallow 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Cover the top with parchment paper, pressing down firmly to level off.
5. Set the pan aside for at least 1 hour to cool before slicing into squares.
Each serving: 299 calories; 3 grams protein; 55 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 8 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 20 mg. cholesterol; 24 grams sugar; 312 mg. sodium.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times