From Regent Beverly Wilshire Dining Room chef John Gladish
1 tablespoon butter
Zest of 1 lemon, finely diced
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1/3 cup chopped cured Scottish salmon
1 teaspoon sour cream (optional)
3 lemon slices (for garnish)
1. Clarify the butter by melting it in a small saucepan and skimming off the white foam.
2. Warm the clarified butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over low heat. Stir together the lemon zest, eggs and dill in a small bowl and pour the mixture into the skillet.
3. Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture thoroughly until the eggs form soft mounds. Let it rest on low heat until the top of the omelet is almost dry, about 1 minute.
4. Add the chopped salmon in a thin layer over half the surface of the eggs. Fold the omelet over and lift it onto a plate.
5. Garnish with the sour cream and lemon slices.