LocalL.A. Now

Boy, 4, injured when bottle of dry ice found on field explodes

A 4-year-old Downey boy was injured Thursday after a two-liter bottle of dry ice he found on a soccer field exploded, authorities said.

The boy was found lying on the ground with non-life-threatening injuries to his chest at about 7:50 p.m. by  deputies responding to a report of a child injured by fireworks in the 14700 block of Paramount Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The child and his family were at the Paramount High School-West campus for recreational soccer when he found the bottle. It exploded as he ran with it, causing minor abrasions to his chest and left forearm, the department said. 

He was transported to a hospital where he was treated and released. Authorities were investigating who left the bottle on the field.

ALSO:

LAPD in mourning after 3 officers killed in 2 months

Donald Sterling will fight to keep Clippers, Garcetti predicts

Red Cross assisting homeless residents displaced after shelter fire

samantha.Schaefer@latimes.com 

Twitter: @Sam_Schaefer

 

Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
Comments
Loading