The state's third largest fire began Aug. 17 and was 84% contained. Authorities said they hope containment lines and natural barriers will prevent the fire from spreading much more.
"It's creeping up into rock and natural barriers and so far it's holding well," said Sue Exline of the U.S. Forest Service.
Authorities said structures were no longer threatened and fire crews will no longer work at night. Exline also said that many firefighters will be released back to their home units over the next few days as the fire continues to die down.
Crews are mopping up hot spots and patrolling the fire lines, part of what Exline says "is the part of the fire that is so important, to ensure that everything is out."
On Monday, crews were expecting winds to die down, which will help keep any remaining parts of the blaze within containment lines. Full containment is expected Friday.
While nearly all mandatory evacuations have been lifted, the Forest Service said on its fire information website that some communities and areas, including O'Shaughnessy and Aspen Valley, "continue to be closed to public access due to a lack of power and ongoing mitigations of hazards caused by the fire."
The cost of battling the blaze has already reached $100 million. Officials have said that a hunter who lost control of his campfire caused it.