Donald Trump stops in Pennsylvania before heading to Wisconsin. Hillary Clinton is in Florida.
- Trump ally uses vulgar term to describe Clinton, then apologizes.
- KKK newspaper indicates support for Trump, campaign denounces it
- The FBI speeds up its new investigation into possible Hillary Clinton-related emails.
- Meanwhile, Clinton is set to jump back on the air with television ads in Colorado and Virginia.
- Trump used a “legally dubious” accounting maneuver to avoid reporting hundreds of millions of dollars in income, according to a New York Times report.
- House Speaker Paul D. Ryan says he voted for Trump. Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he did not.
Thousands of people shared their thoughts with the Los Angeles Times on the presidential candidates. Two of the most used words to describe Clinton included "liar" and "capable." For Trump, "racist" and "strong" were at the top of the list.
Two informal surveys were posted on The Times' website between March and August. Those for and against each candidate chimed in, as did voters who aren't backing either.
View the full project here.