1) Nick Young gave himself a new nickname, reaffirmed that nobody in the world could guard him and yelled out special thank-yous to each teammate in the locker room. All during a five-minute postgame interview. It’s Young’s world and we’re all living in it. Oh, yeah, he scored 29 points and hit the go-ahead, 30-foot three-pointer with 7.4 seconds left in overtime.
2) Kobe Bryant acknowledged what his coach said: He was exhausted. He had 22 points on 22 shots and nine assists but with three bad turnovers late in regulation. How did he feel after it all? “Thirty-six,” he said.
3) Wesley Johnson continued his peek-a-boo act with consistency, stringing together 13 points and making all three of his three-point shots. He was back to Wild Wes instead of Willowy Wes.
4) The Lakers’ reserves outscored the starters, 61-51. Jeremy Lin and Carlos Boozer each had 14 points, nice complements to Young’s production.
5) Bryant was initially on pace to pass Michael Jordan for third on the all-time scoring list. He had nine points in the first quarter but slowed from there. He needs nine more Sunday in Minnesota to top Jordan.