French anti-terrorism police have arrested seven people in Strasbourg and Marseille, the interior minister announced Monday, saying authorities thwarted a new potential attack.
The raids were linked to a series of arrests in June during the European Championship soccer tournament that was held in cities across France, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.
The arrests Sunday "allowed us to thwart a terrorist act that had been envisaged for a long time on our soil," Cazeneuve told reporters in Paris. Investigators are studying whether it was part of a larger plot to attack multiple sites simultaneously.
Cazeneuve didn't identify the target of the planned...