John Stamos on 'Full House' tell-all: 'Yeah right, good luck with that'

.@johnstamos weighs in on Lifetime's #FullHouse TV movie plans

Have mercy! John Stamos has been more vocal about the "Full House" reboot than Uncle Jesse ever was about his proclivity for Elvis Presley. The sitcom alum has weighed in on Lifetime's planned TV movie about the original series and the Olsen twins' involvement in "Fuller House."

Stamos will be reprising his rocker-uncle role and also co-producing Netflix's "Fuller House." The streaming service announced its relaunch of the wholesome 1990s sitcom last week.

Netflix ordered 13 episodes of "Fuller House," which would see the return of several familiar faces. The reboot focuses on a widowed D.J. Tanner (Candace Cameron Bure), the eldest of the three Tanner sisters, who moves in with childhood pal Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber) to care for their children.

Other members of the show's original cast, including Bob Saget, who played the beloved series' patriarch, Danny Tanner, and Jodie Sweetin and Dave Coulier are also slated to return.

On Monday, Lifetime announced that it would be making "The Unauthorized Full House Story," a tell-all TV movie in the vein of its much-maligned "The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story."

But Stamos wasn't having it.

"Full House TV movie on @lifetimetv??" Stamos tweeted following the announcement. "Hmmmm—yeah right, good luck with that."

"We were trying to do some sort of spinoff, we wanted to give credit to the legacy, we didn't want to just sort of throw it away," the "Necessary Roughness" star  said on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" after news of the reboot first broke last week. "It starts off as a reunion that then spins off."

Fashion designers Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, who together played scene-stealing Michelle Tanner, are reportedly still in talks to return to "Fuller House" too.

The Olsens said they learned the Netflix news only after Stamos' announcement.

"I guess we're going to talk to the creators and see what's happening," Mary-Kate Olsen told WWD.

But Stamos wasn't buying that story either and called them out on Twitter when WWD's story surfaced.

Follow me on Twitter @NardineSaad.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times