The Clark County coroner has determined that a man's death at last month's Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas was due to an ecstasy overdose.
Montgomery Tsang, 24, of San Leandro, was taken from the parking lot of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway after collapsing. He was pronounced dead around 6:15 a.m. on June 21.
The coroner ruled the death an accidental overdose, and said that cardiac enlargement also played a role, according to the Associated Press.
An estimated 134,000 fans attended each of the three nights of this year's dance-music-centric festival, which has become the largest multi-day concert event in America.
"We are deeply saddened by this news, and hope that everyone will join us in keeping his family and friends in their thoughts during this very difficult time," said event promoter Insomniac in an official statement at the time of Tsang's death.
No official cause of death has been cited in the case of Anthony Anaya, a 25-year-old EDC-goer who passed away after being found unconscious in his hotel room.
Tsang's death is one of several attributed to ecstasy at large-scale dance music events in recent years. Last year, the final night of New York's Electric Zoo, promoted by the firm Made Event, was canceled after officials cited ecstasy, or MDMA, as a possible factor in two fan deaths and four hospitalizations.
Follow @AugustBrown for breaking music news.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times