Duke, Duchess of Cambridge celebrate anniversary while waiting for baby

Duke, Duchess of Cambridge celebrate anniversary while waiting for baby
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, attend a World War I commemoration in Liege, Belgium, on Aug. 4, 2014. (Chris Jackson / AFP/Getty Images)

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and his duchess celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary on Wednesday, visiting Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace while awaiting the birth of their second child -- due any day now! [Los Angeles Times]

A group of royalists has been camped out at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital, where the duchess is expected to give birth, for more than a week. One of them, Terry Hutt, celebrated his 80th birthday during the wait. [Cambridge News]

Meanwhile, the couple's son, Prince George, is proving at age 21 months to be as much of a style-setter as his mom. After he was sighted wearing Pumpkin Patch sunglasses on Tuesday, the $10 specs reportedly sold out. [People]

A galaxy of fashion stars gathered Tuesday for a party celebrating the relaunch of industry bible WWD (which used to stand for Women's Wear Daily) as a weekly print publication (with a more immediate website and digital presence). The guests included designers Ralph Lauren, Thakoon Panichgul, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera, Tommy Hilfiger, Diane von Furstenberg, Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler, Prabal Gurung and Joseph Altuzarra, as well as business leaders, retailers and others. [WWD] 

Actress Kristen Stewart felt overwhelmed by "soul-sucking, cutthroat fashion people" she met during her years in the "Twilight" movies, she said in an interview in Harper's Bazaar UK. But she said she adores Chanel and its creative director, Karl Lagerfeld, who selected her as a face of the house in 2013. "As an outsider, I thought, 'He’s probably insanely pretentious,'" she said. "But he’s the opposite of what you’d assume. He’s funny and quick and can talk to you about anything, from film stock to Roman fountains." [Los Angeles Times]

Private equity firm Clessidra has agreed to purchase a 90% stake in fashion label Roberto Cavalli. Founder Cavalli will keep the remaining 10%. [Yahoo!]

Did designer Diane von Furstenberg go too far when she instagrammed a message of support to Bruce Jenner that included his face photoshopped onto an old advertising image of herself posing in her iconic wrap dress? Social media thought so.  But in response she issued a statement saying, "I admire Bruce Jenner's strength, courage and honesty and have so much respect for him using his voice to speak for people who have none. I wish him nothing but a lifetime of happiness." [Racked]