What am I liking on the Emmys red carpet so far? It’s all in the details.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ burgundy patent leather straps. “The Veep” actress’ raspberry red Carolina Herrera dress is chic in its simplicity, but look close and you’ll notice that the sexy burgundy patent leather straps on her halter top and across her back make the look something special.
- Lena Dunham’s frothy turn. Her Giambattista Valli tiered pink and white skirt looks like cotton candy, and it’s so surprising paired with a tailored button-down shirt. She looks pretty, for real.
- Julie Bowen’s '70s chic. The “Modern Family” actress is wearing a sexy floral dress by American designer Peter Som. It’s light and airy, befitting the steamy weather in L.A. today. And it’s lighthearted and fun.
- Heidi Klum’s coral wings. She brought designer Zac Posen as a date and was the perfect model for his fluttery coral column gown, an effortless look that could signal a new direction for the designer, who is better known for his vintage-couture-inspired styles.
- January Jones’ cool girl hair. Forget Dunham’s platinum bob, Kit Harington’s man bun and the many, many side parts. Jones’ bangs and braid combo is different in a good way.