LOS ANGELES — THE TASTE
, Los Angeles Times
’ annual celebration of the Southern California culinary scene, today announces the lineup for its three-day gastronomic adventure to be held at The Studios at Paramount. Reflecting The Times' award-winning coverage of all things edible, the five events will highlight distinct aspects of food culture in Southern California. Each will feature unlimited food and drink tastings from more than 40 of the area's top restaurants, along with a selection of cooking and mixology demonstrations, wine seminars and panel discussions. Tickets are on sale now at latimes.com/THETASTE
. The menu:
- Field to Fork — Sat., Sept. 1, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. An afternoon made for true foodies and home cooks. Russ Parsons, The Times' Food Editor, hosts an event inspired by fresh, local ingredients and the pleasure of cooking seasonal dishes. Tastings and presentations will explore the delicious offerings available at neighborhood farmers markets and in backyard gardens.
- Cocktail Confidential — Sat., Sept. 1, 8 to 11 p.m. Bartenders take center stage as we raise a glass to the simple joy of fine mixed drinks in the company of friends. Jessica Gelt, Food & Night Life Writer for The Times, hosts an evening dedicated to cocktail culture, specialty elixirs and party-worthy bites.
- Flavors of L.A. — Sun., Sept. 2, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A showcase of Southern California's multicultural culinary scene. Jonathan Gold, Times Restaurant Critic, hosts a day full of authentic dishes from around the world — via Los Angeles' best restaurants — all in one delicious spot. Activities and panel discussions will offer up-close access to the area's best homegrown and L.A.-based chefs.
- Dinner & Drinks — Sun., Sept. 2, 8 to 11 p.m. The ultimate night out for those who appreciate pairing a signature dish with an artisanal brew, custom cocktail or fine wine. Betty Hallock, Times Deputy Food Editor, hosts an evening of inspired tastings and conversations.
- Labor Day Picnic presented by Target — Mon., Sept. 3, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A family-style celebration of the sandwich, in its many forms. Noelle Carter, Times Test Kitchen Director, hosts a holiday get-together designed to put time-honored classics and exotic combinations in the palm of your hand — from burgers to tacos to bánh mì. Chefs and home cooks will demonstrate their favorite recipes with an ice cream social topping off the afternoon.
A limited quantity of specially-priced TASTE weekend passes, providing access to all five events, is available now for $185 and single-event tickets are $50. An exclusive 20% discount on individual tickets is being made available to Los Angeles Times members
. A portion of ticket sales will benefit Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona
and the Los Angeles Times Family Fund's
Summer Camp Campaign.
Los Angeles Times' THE TASTE is produced in association with Best Events. Sponsors include Target and Chopin. Stay up to date on Los Angeles Times' THE TASTE at latimes.com/THETASTE
.###About the Los Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times
is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 1.6 million and 2.7 million on Sunday, more than 16 million unique latimes.com visitors monthly and a combined print and online local weekly audience of 4.4 million. The Pulitzer Prize-winning
Times has been covering Southern California for more than 130 years.
The Los Angeles Times Media Group
(LATMG) businesses and affiliates include the Los Angeles Times
, The Envelope
, Times Community News
Los Angeles and reach approximately 5.2 million or 39% of all adults in the Southern California marketplace. LATMG also owns and operates California Community News
as well as Tribune Direct
's west coast division and is part of Tribune Company
, one of the country's leading media companies with businesses in publishing, the Internet and broadcasting. Additional information is available at http://latimes.com/aboutus
. About Best Events
Best Events is a full-service event production company created by Jeffrey Best to design, produce and create unique event environments that are at the intersection of commerce and art. For over 20 years, Best Events has been known to produce some of the most high-profile events in the entertainment, corporate and fashion arenas. Contacts:
Nancy Sullivan | Los Angeles Times | 213.237.6160 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillary Manning | Los Angeles Times | 213.237.2664 | email@example.com