Panorama: Space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center
Explore the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion at the California Science Center. Photos of Endeavour's Southland flyover | Read more
Visitors can get up close to Endeavour, SPACEHAB, a SSME or space shuttle main engine and images and video about Endeavour's past missions and the crews who flew them. Endeavour, also known as Orbiter Vehicle-105, completed 25 missions into space, including the first service mission to the Hubble Space Telescope and the first mission to add a U.S.-built component to the International Space Station. SPACEHAB served as a workshop and extra living space for astronauts. The SSME helped launch the shuttle up to orbit. A companion exhibit, The California Story, tells of the shuttle program's California origin. Interactive graphic of the exhibit
Additional panoramas are of Endeavour's arrival in Los Angeles, inside the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft that transported it to L.A. and the shuttle's preparations in the United hangar at Los Angeles International Airport.
Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
- TV ratings: 'Scandal's' Season 3 ends strong 04/18/2014, 9:12 a.m.
- Wide area of Mexico hit by earthquake; preliminary magnitude put at 7.2 04/18/2014, 9:05 a.m.
- Three more convicted in Armenian Power fraud, extortion schemes 04/18/2014, 9:00 a.m.
- Watch hornets attack golfer Pablo Larrazabal on European Tour 04/18/2014, 8:58 a.m.
- Craig Sager undergoing treatment for acute leukemia, his son says 04/18/2014, 8:27 a.m.
- Obama administration delays decision on Keystone XL pipeline - latimes.com - Politics 04/18/2014, 12:48 p.m.
- Crisis manager leaves White House counsel's office - latimes.com - Politics 04/18/2014, 12:18 p.m.
- Scalia criticizes historic Supreme Court ruling on freedom of the press - Nation - latimes.com 04/18/2014, 10:53 a.m.
- UberX raises prices by $1 per ride with new safety fee - Business - latimes.com 04/18/2014, 10:24 a.m.
- Ferrari makes surprising choice in bid to end long Formula One slump - Sports - latimes.com 04/18/2014, 10:12 a.m.