Panorama: Space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center
Explore the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion at the California Science Center. Photos of Endeavour's Southland flyover | Read more
Visitors can get up close to Endeavour, SPACEHAB, a SSME or space shuttle main engine and images and video about Endeavour's past missions and the crews who flew them. Endeavour, also known as Orbiter Vehicle-105, completed 25 missions into space, including the first service mission to the Hubble Space Telescope and the first mission to add a U.S.-built component to the International Space Station. SPACEHAB served as a workshop and extra living space for astronauts. The SSME helped launch the shuttle up to orbit. A companion exhibit, The California Story, tells of the shuttle program's California origin. Interactive graphic of the exhibit
Additional panoramas are of Endeavour's arrival in Los Angeles, inside the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft that transported it to L.A. and the shuttle's preparations in the United hangar at Los Angeles International Airport.
Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
- Man leaps in front of Red Line train in suicide attempt 04/19/2014, 12:47 a.m.
- Man gets 40 years to life in shooting at USC 04/19/2014, 12:00 a.m.
- Shopping for sustainable food in the L.A. area 04/19/2014, 12:00 a.m.
- Cooking and eating sustainably: Six simple steps to get started 04/19/2014, 12:00 a.m.
- Some bizarre, and big, moments in Dodgers' 4-2 loss to Diamondbacks 04/18/2014, 11:53 p.m.
- Cooking and eating sustainably: Six simple steps to get started - L.A. Times - Food & Dining 04/18/2014, 7:00 p.m.
- Shopping for sustainable food in the L.A. area - L.A. Times - Food & Dining 04/18/2014, 7:00 p.m.
- Aaron Hill has a two-run single in 12th inning to beat Dodgers, 4-2 - Sports - latimes.com 04/18/2014, 11:35 p.m.
- Mets trade Ike Davis to Pirates - L.A. Times - Sports 04/18/2014, 10:25 p.m.
- Angels go on another extra-base binge to beat Tigers, 11-6 - L.A. Times - Sports 04/18/2014, 10:22 p.m.