A second suspect arrested in connection with a string of dry-ice bombs left at Los Angeles International Airport is due in court Tuesday after he was charged with one felony count of possession of a destructive device near an airplane.
Miguel Angel Iniguez -- who was the supervisor of Dicarlo Bennett, the 28-year-old Paramount man who was also arrested in the case -- was charged Monday. If convicted as charged, prosecutors said, Iniguez faces a maximum of six years of prison.
Iniguez, 41, of Inglewood, was taken into custody Friday while working at LAX. He works for Servisair, which provides ground services to the airport.
Authorities allege Bennett placed two dry-ice bombs in employee-only areas at the airport on Oct. 13: One exploded in a Terminal 2 restroom, the other was found intact outside the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
Prosecutors allege Iniguez made a third dry-ice device that detonated outside the international terminal.
No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, though the devices drew the LAPD's bomb squad to the airport two days in a row and prompted increased security.
Bennett was arrested Oct. 15. LAPD Deputy Chief Michael Downing said there was no link to terrorism in his alleged acts, instead calling Bennett a "prankster" who "thought it was funny." Bennett pleaded not guilty last week to two counts of possession of a destructive device in a public place.
The investigation into the incidents is ongoing, authorities said.