LocalL.A. Now

Man arrested in Santa Ana car shooting that killed 1, wounded 2

CrimeShootingsHomicideLaw Enforcement
Man arrested for Santa Ana car shooting that left one man dead, two women critically injured

A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of opening fire on a vehicle stopped on a Santa Ana street this week, killing one person and wounding two others inside, police said.

Detectives arrested Dustin Sean Ross McDonald of Garden Grove near his residence Wednesday, a day after the shooting, according to the Santa Ana Police Department. 

McDonald allegedly opened fire on a parked car on 12th Street, killing 23-year-old passenger Aaron Johnathan Chavez of Anaheim, police said. 

The 21-year-old female driver was able to drive to the 1200 block of Main Street, where the car was found by police. She and the second passenger, a 28-year-old woman, suffered multiple gunshot wounds, police said. Chavez had been sitting in the car's front passenger seat. 

Chavez was pronounced dead at the scene, and the two women were transported to a local trauma center in critical condition. 

For breaking news in Los Angeles and the Southland, follow @Caitlin__Owens, or email her at caitlin.owens@latimes.com.

Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
Related Content
CrimeShootingsHomicideLaw Enforcement
Comments
Loading