Video may clarify Knight's intent in Compton fatality

Homicide detectives are examining video taken outside fast-food restaurant for clues in 'Suge' Knight case

Video footage taken outside Tam's Burgers in Compton may shed light on exactly what happened when Marion "Suge" Knight ran down two men with his truck Thursday, killing one of them, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

"The video is under review by homicide detectives," said sheriff's spokesman Deputy Ryan Rouzan. He could not provide specifics about where the tape came from.

Knight, the 49-year-old co-founder of Death Row Records, is being held on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident at the fast-food restaurant that left 55-year-old Terry Carter dead and 51-year-old Cle "Bone" Sloan injured.

The Sheriff's Department has said it appeared that Knight aimed his vehicle at the two men after arguing and fighting with Sloan.

Knight's attorney, James E. Blatt, countered that a group of men had attacked Knight and that he had been trying to escape. 

Follow me on Twitter @LATChrisGoffard.



Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times