Three parties will share what is expected to a be $1-million reward for information that led authorities to the whereabouts of fugitive former LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner, who died in February following a fiery gun battle with authorities, Los Angeles police officials said Tuesday afternoon.
Originally, 11 parties submitted claims for the $1-million reward that was announced during the manhunt for the ex-LAPD officer, who went on the lam after being identified as a suspect in the slaying of an Irvine couple
In announcing updated guidelines for the reward last month, the LAPD said three retired judges would make the determination of who gets the $1 million.
The reward — a collection of smaller donations from numerous agencies, groups and individuals — was initially offered for Dorner's "capture and conviction."
However, that's irrelevant under the new criteria because Dorner, who killed four people, was chased into a cabin near Big Bear, where he eventually shot himself.
Twitter: @LAJournoCopyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times