After weeks of buildup,
1. It somehow made sense that Bryant topped Jordan with two second-quarter free throws. He had taken 9,679 from the line and made 8,103 in his career before Sunday's game. Then again, you just know he wanted to hit the milestone with his signature fadeaway, which he almost did on the previous possession. The shot was an in-and-out heartbreak, to quote Chick Hearn.
2. Bryant wasn’t as active at point guard as he was the last few games. He had only two assists Sunday, his lowest total since Nov. 26.
3. Carlos Boozer had 22 points and 13 rebounds, continuing his improved play since being demoted to second string last week. He is averaging 15.8 points and 10.3 rebounds, and shooting 56.9% in his last four games. And to think he was initially unhappy with Byron Scott's decision to make the change.
4. Nick Young already needs a nickname change. After bestowing the moniker of "IDM" -- I Don't Miss -- on himself, he made only two of nine shots Sunday for seven points. Perhaps "ISM" is a more accurate nickname.
5. The Lakers (8-16) have won three games in a row. Not a misprint. Three. In a row. And they actually have a chance to make it four Monday at Indiana.