1) The Lakers’ frontcourt practically carried the team, and when was the last time you could say that? All three of their starters there had double-doubles (Wesley Johnson, Ed Davis, Jordan Hill), and Carlos Boozer almost had one off the bench (18 points, eight rebounds).
2) The problem, though, was accuracy. And nobody could blame Kobe Bryant, who sat out a third consecutive game to rest. Nick Young was five for 16 and Jeremy Lin was two for eight. And that earlier part about the frontcourt carrying the team? Oops. Johnson was three for 14 and Davis was one for six.
3) Young’s career in microcosm: He was five for eight from three-point range and missed all eight of his two-point shots. Come again?
4) The other nominee for bizarre stat of the game: Lin had three blocked shots, tying his career high. He also had seven assists and five rebounds.
5) Jordan Clarkson keeps getting more and more playing time. The rookie point guard had six points and three rebounds but no assists in 14 minutes. He played more of a shooting-guard role next to Lin on the Lakers’ second unit.