Last week's ranking in parentheses, statistics are through Friday's games:
2. MEMPHIS: Grind House:
3. GOLDEN STATE: Coming back to Earth?
4. CLEVELAND: Kyrie Irving drops 55 points on Portland, keeping Cavaliers on a season-high nine-game win streak. (5)
6. SAN ANTONIO: Starting to find the groove.
7. TORONTO: Back on track. Produce a five-game win streak by averaging 111 points on 48.8% shooting. (11)
9. CLIPPERS: Inexplicable loss to
10. CHICAGO: How do you figure out the
11. PORTLAND: Forget All-Star snub;
12. DALLAS: Offensive funk.
13. PHOENIX: Home is good. Suns go 6-2 on eight-game homestand, including wins over Wizards, Bulls. (13)
14. NEW ORLEANS: Pelicans have won five of six, but now All-Star Anthony Davis is out because of a strained groin. (14)
15. MILWAUKEE: Still surprisingly holding down a playoff spot in East; limiting teams to 97.2 points, sixth-best in NBA. (16)
17. OKLAHOMA CITY: KD’s body aching: Durant misses two games with sprained big toe on left foot;
18. MIAMI: Injuries catching up to Dwyane Wade, who will be out for a while because of a strained hamstring. (17)
19. BROOKLYN: Goodbye January.
21. INDIANA: Can’t score, but can play D.
22. DENVER: Coach
23. BOSTON: Not ready yet for the big boys.
24. ORLANDO: Tough times. Coach
27. LAKERS: Have they found themselves a point guard? Rookie Jordan Clarkson shows signs of being a real player. (27)
28. NEW YORK: Showing some life after all, winning four of six, including a victory over the Thunder. (28)
29. PHILADELPHIA: Finally, 100! Had gone 23 games without hitting triple digits until scoring 103 against