Total time: 40 minutes
Note: From the Lobster's Allyson Thurber
1 pound cooked lobster meat cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup peeled, seeded and diced tomato
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients. Chill.
1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
1/2teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
1/2 cup champagne vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Combine the shallots, garlic, thyme and vinegar.
2. Slowly whisk in the oil, salt and pepper.
1 large head romaine (about 8 cups chopped)
1/2 cup julienne carrots
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/4 cup chives cut into 1-inch pieces
24 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup champagne vinaigrette
2 large Hass avocados, peeled and halved
12 endive leaves
1. Combine the romaine, carrots, cabbage, chives, halved tomatoes, vinaigrette and toss.
2. Divide the salad onto 4 dinner plates. Place an avocado half in the center of each plate and top each with an equal amount of lobster salad. Garnish with endive leaves.
Each serving: 880 calories; 28 grams protein; 21 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams fiber; 79 grams fat; 11 grams saturated fat; 98 mg. cholesterol; 625 mg. sodium.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times