A developer seeking to subdivide a 2.45-acre parcel in Ganesha Hills lost his final appeal last week when a divided City Council upheld the Planning Commission's denial of the project.
Voting 4 to 2 on Monday, the council refused to schedule a public hearing for Lawrence Ko of Monterey Park.
The council's resolution stated that Ko's design provided inadequate access to the four-house subdivision and ran the risk of flooding in the ravine bottom where two of the houses were planned. The resolution also said grading would displace wildlife and disrupt the contours of the land.
Councilmen Boyd Bredenkamp and Tomas Ursua dissented. Bredenkamp said he thought Ko should have had a hearing.
Ko said he is considering filing a lawsuit.