‘WWE SummerSlam’ throws down on Twitter
WWE’s SummerSlam’s pay-per-view wrestling event at Staples Center was among the most discussed TV events on social media last week, according to Nielsen’s SocialGuide.
Fan favorite Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena on Sunday to capture his first WWE Championship. This, and other contests in the ring, generated more than 300,000 comments on Twitter, ranking it among the top 10 most commented television shows for the week of Aug. 12-18.
The Bryan and Cena title-card matchup didn’t unseat the reining social media favorite, VH1’s reality show “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta,” which weighed in at nearly 730,000 tweets.
Rankings are as follows:
- “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” (VH1), Monday, 729,782 tweets
- “Pretty Little Liars” (ABC Family), Tuesday, 375,589 tweets
- “CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock” (ABC), Monday, 375,443 tweets
- “Teen Wolf” (MTV), Monday, 326,637 tweets
- “WWE SummerSlam” (Pay-Per-View), Sunday, 323,969 tweets
- “Duck Dynasty” (A&E;), Wednesday, 292,786 tweets
- “Breaking Bad” (AMC), Sunday, 190,218 tweets
- “Premios Tu Mundo 2013" (Telemundo), Thursday, 173,721 tweets
- “WWE Monday Night RAW” (USA), Monday, 161,539 tweets
- “Bad Girls Club: Miami” (Oxygen), Tuesday, 155,651 tweets
From the Emmys to the Oscars.
Get our revamped Envelope newsletter for exclusive awards season coverage, behind-the-scenes insights and columnist Glenn Whipp’s commentary.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.