Liongate, the Bel-Air estate that recently sold for $46.25 million, was purchased by philanthropists James H. Randall and his wife, artist Eleanor Randall, The Times has confirmed.
The Bradbury residents will use the property for charitable functions and as a second home.
The 1938 mansion was designed by renowned architect Paul Williams and later named for a pair of lion statues reportedly placed at the gated entrance by onetime owner singer Kenny Rogers.
Rebuilt and expanded in 2013, the 24,000 square feet of living space includes a glass elevator, a ballroom, three living rooms and a 3,000-square-foot master suite for a total of 11 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms. There's also a temperature-controlled wine room, a gym, a billiard room and a 12-seat theater.
A newly built guesthouse, a tennis court, two fountains and a pool highlight the 1.62-acre grounds.
James Randall sold his aerospace rivet manufacturing company, Allfast Fastening Systems, last year for $360 million, according to purchaser TriMas Corp.
The couple is now focusing on the philanthropic efforts of their James & Eleanor Randall Foundation on behalf of Huntington Hospital, the Rose Bowl Legacy Campaign and Chapman University, among others.
Listed last year at $65 million, the estate previously changed hands in 2010 for $12.2 million.
Mia Trudeau of Hilton & Hyland, an affiliate of Christie's International Real Estate, was the listing agent.