Over 250 entries were submitted in the L.A. Times Holiday Cookie Bake-Off this year, and more than 3,700 votes were cast by readers. We took the top 50 vote-getters and put them to the test today at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Pasadena. Judges included Food editor Russ Parsons, deputy Food editor Betty Hallock, KCRW's Good Food host Evan Kleiman and myself.
The results are in! Here are our 10 favorite holiday cookies from this year's Cookie Bake-Off:
- Suzie's sugar cookies -- Sheri Miyamoto
- Mom's holiday crescent cookies -- Jeanne Kantak
- Czechoslovakian nut bars -- Mary Martin
- Chocolate peanut butter crinkles -- Carol Gendel
- Frosted orange crispies -- Penny Haselmo
- Meyer lemon lavender shortbread -- Deb Love
- Brown butter pecan shortbread -- Zora Margolis
- Chocolate peppermint snaps -- Ben Rode
- Pistachio-cranberry icebox cookies -- Sandra Lee Smith
- Candy cane chocolate mandel bread -- Gail Field
We'll be inviting the readers who submitted the top 10 cookie recipes to downtown L.A. for a tour of the Test Kitchen and to be photographed in our studio. The recipes are scheduled to run in the Saturday, Dec. 21 section.
ALSO:Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times