Total time: About 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 16 crostini
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
5 tablespoons high-quality olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (from about 1 1/2 large lemons)
16 slices of French baguette, cut 1/2 -inch thick on the bias
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups of shelled English peas
1 small clove of garlic, minced
Thinly sliced fresh mint for garnish
1. Mix the yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, one-fourth teaspoon sea salt and the lemon peel in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Brush the bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with a little sea salt. Grill the bread over medium-high heat until golden. (You can use an indoor grill or toast the bread on the stove top in a cast iron pan or large skillet.)
3. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a sauce pot, adding the kosher salt and sugar. Blanch the peas for about 3 minutes, until bright green and softened, and drain them.
4. While they're still warm, put the peas in a food processor with the garlic, one-fourth teaspoon sea salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Blend until smooth.
5. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pea mixture over each slice of grilled bread, spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of yogurt on top of that, and sprinkle a little mint on top. Serve.
Each crostino: 97 calories; 3 grams protein; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber; 5 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 1 mg. cholesterol; 163 mg. sodium.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times