3 burned in Christmas Eve fire pit accident

3 in Huntington Beach injured after they were splashed with a flammable liquid being used with a home fire pit

Three people were injured after they were splashed with a flammable liquid being used with a home fire pit, Huntington Beach officials said Friday.

The fire occurred in the backyard of a home in the 19500 block of Mayfield Circle at about 7 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Huntington Beach Fire Department Battalion Chief Jeff Lopez said.

The liquid was being used to make a fire in the home's fire pit larger, but the liquid splashed onto three people and injured them, Lopez told Times Community News.

The victims were taken to UCI Medical Center in Orange. Further information about their conditions was not available.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times
65°