LOCAL L.A. Now

Woodland Hills homeowner burned in fire started by barbecue grill

Fire sparked by barbecue grill spreads rapidly through Woodland Hills home
Homeowner at fire-damaged Woodland Hills house treated for minor burns

A Woodland Hills home was seriously damaged Tuesday and the homeowner injured when a fire started by a barbecue grill spread through the house and into the attic, the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

The fire at 4615 Stark Ave. started on a deck about 6:50 p.m., when a homeowner lighted his barbecue grill, Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz told The Times.  The blaze raced through the house and soon reached the roof, filling the home with heavy smoke.

The homeowner was taken to an emergency room and treated for minor burns, Ortiz said. 

Thirty firefighters knocked down the blaze in half an hour. 

The two-story home is on a residential street off Mulholland Drive. The monetary damage has not yet been estimated.

No other residents or animals were injured, Ortiz said. 

For more Los Angeles news, follow @laura_nelson on Twitter.

Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
Comments
Loading