Advertisement

Woodland Hills homeowner burned in fire started by barbecue grill

Woodland Hills homeowner burned in fire started by barbecue grill
Location of a Woodland Hills house fire that authorities say was started when a homeowner attempted to light his barbecue grill on a deck. (Google Maps)

A Woodland Hills home was seriously damaged Tuesday and the homeowner injured when a fire started by a barbecue grill spread through the house and into the attic, the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

The fire at 4615 Stark Ave. started on a deck about 6:50 p.m., when a homeowner lighted his barbecue grill, Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz told The Times.  The blaze raced through the house and soon reached the roof, filling the home with heavy smoke.

Advertisement

The homeowner was taken to an emergency room and treated for minor burns, Ortiz said.

Thirty firefighters knocked down the blaze in half an hour.

The two-story home is on a residential street off Mulholland Drive. The monetary damage has not yet been estimated.

No other residents or animals were injured, Ortiz said.

For more Los Angeles news, follow @laura_nelson on Twitter.

Advertisement
Advertisement