LAPD has yet to interview Justin Bieber in cellphone probe

Police: No interview yet with Justin Bieber in cellphone attempted robbery probe

Los Angeles police have yet to question pop star Justin Bieber in connection with their investigation into whether he took a woman’s cellphone at a miniature golf course, police said.

The woman told police at the department’s Devonshire Division that the incident took place Monday around 10:30 p.m.

"He has been accused of attempted robbery," LAPD Officer Rosario Herrera told The Times.

The woman said Bieber grabbed the phone because he believed she was taking pictures of him at the San Fernando Valley course, police reported. Bieber was not accused of keeping the phone, authorities said.

The report is just the latest in a string of run-ins Bieber has had with law enforcement authorities this year.

In February, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department detectives investigated Bieber in a vandalism case after he was accused by a neighbor of egging a home in Calabasas.

The egging incident in the 25000 block of Prado Del Grandioso was considered a possible felony because damage totaled $20,000, authorities said.

Through his attorney, Bieber denied any wrongdoing in the matter.

Bieber was arrested in Florida on Jan. 23 and later charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence, resisting arrest and driving without a license.

Earlier this year, Bieber surrendered to Toronto police on an assault allegation involving a limousine driver.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times