Man hit by Red Line train Friday was 19-year-old from Burbank

Officials identify 19-year-old man hit by Red Line train on Friday in Studio City

Nineteen-year-old David Ferrer was the victim who was struck and killed by a Metro Red Line train in Studio City on Friday, authorities said Sunday.

Ferrer, who lived in Burbank, was struck at the 3900 block of Lankershim Boulevard and pronounced dead at the scene, said Los Angeles County coroner's Watch Cmdr. Larry Dietz.

Paramedics responded to the Universal/Studio City station after reports that a man was found around 11:50 a.m. under the tracks, Metro said in a statement.

Investigators have not determined a cause of death and are waiting to perform an autopsy, Dietz said.

The incident delayed service on the line for about 20 minutes Friday.

The fatality was the second connected to Metro rail service Friday. Earlier in the day, a man was found shot to death in the pedestrian walkway of the Blue Line’s Artesia station.

That discovery followed reports less than an hour earlier of someone on the train with a gun. That person was never found, authorities said. 

For breaking news in California, follow @MattHjourno. He can be reached at matt.hamilton@latimes.com.

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times
66°