Commuters beware: President Obama will be in the Los Angeles area this week.
The president is scheduled to be in Los Angeles from Thursday night through Friday morning. He'll attend two events to raise money for House and Senate candidates.
Thursday's event is a $33,400-a-couple gathering at the Los Angeles home of Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn and his wife.
Obama then heads to San Francisco for a $33,400-a-plate dinner at the home of billionaire Gordon Getty and his wife.
The president will stay overnight and leave Saturday afternoon.
Obama has visited California dozens of times during his presidency. The last time was in February, when he taped an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." That trip did not significantly affect traffic in the area, in part because Obama traveled to some spots via helicopter.
According to City News Service, Los Angeles police recommended that motorists avoid the following areas on Thursday:
- The area around South Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and Pico boulevards, from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
- Sunset Boulevard between Sepulveda and Beverly Glen boulevards, from 7:15 to 8:30 p.m.
- St. Pierre Road and St. Cloud Road between Bel Air Road and Beverly Glen Boulevard, from 7:30 to 9:45 p.m.
- Sunset between Beverly Glen and Royce Drive, from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- Hilgard Avenue between Sunset and Weyburn Avenue, from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
- Tiverton Avenue between Le Conte and Weyburn avenues, from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
On Friday, police recommend avoiding the following areas:
- The area around Hilgard Avenue between Weyburn and Sunset, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Sunset between Loring Avenue west to Burlingame Avenue, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Bristol Avenue between Sunset and Westboro Street, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- North Cliffwood Avenue between Westboro and Highwood streets, from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Sunset Boulevard between Bristol Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and Pico boulevards, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Hilgard Avenue will be closed from 4 p.m. tomorrow until 1 p.m. Friday. Malcolm Avenue will be closed from 7 p.m. tomorrow until 1 p.m. Friday. Cliffwood Avenue will be closed from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday.
MORE LOCAL NEWS