The comparisons of two-time Cy Young Award winner
Statistically, Kershaw's 15-strikeout, no-walk performance in an 8-0 victory over the
Here's some other facts about no-hitters in Dodgers history:
- Kershaw's gem comes 24 days after teammate
Josh Beckett's no-no, the shortest span between teammates pitching no-hitters.
- The Dodgers have 22 of the 284 no-hitters in the majors, the most by a franchise.
- Kershaw becomes the fifth Dodgers left-hander to pitch a no-hitter; the previous one was pitched by Fernando Valenzuela in June 1990. Jerry Reuss, Koufax and Nap Rucker were the others.
- The Dodgers are the only team, thanks to Koufax, to have a no-hitter in four consecutive seasons (1963-66).
- Kershaw and Beckett are the first teammates to throw the first two no-hitters in a same season since the
Chicago Cubs' Burt Hooton and Milt Pappas in 1972.
- Sal Maglie and Carl Erskine were the last Dodgers teammates to throw no-hitters in the same season, for Brooklyn in 1956.