1. Kobe Bryant couldn’t make history every single night, could he? Actually, he did against Indiana. He has now committed the most fouls in Lakers history. But that was overshadowed by his eight-for-26 shooting night. Not his best.
2. The Lakers shot 33%, an awful summary of an awful night for the team on offense. Only one starter shot better than 40% ... Congrats, Wesley Johnson.
3. Jeremy Lin couldn’t avoid the bad-shooting bug, missing all six of his attempts, only one of which was from three-point range. He also had one assist in 17 minutes. Like Bryant, not his best night.
4. The state of the Lakers: If Jordan Hill has six points and four rebounds in 25 minutes, they’re in trouble. It’s true.
5. It was a decent road trip for the Lakers, whose 2-1 trek was better than anyone expected. But their schedule gets harder from here: home against Oklahoma City, at Sacramento, home against Golden State, at Chicago, at Dallas. Makes their loss to Indiana seem that much worse.