1. The Lakers play only 26 more games against the East. Too bad for them. They’re now 4-0 against the East, with previous victories against Toronto, Charlotte and Atlanta.
2. It’s rough to envision where the Lakers would be without Jordan Hill. Worse than 5-13, for sure. He had 22 points on 10-for-15 shooting and added 13 rebounds for his 10th double-double this season.
3. If the Lakers are playing Detroit, they’re probably going to win. (Notable exceptions: 2004 NBA Finals, 1989 NBA Finals.) The Lakers have won 10 of their last 11 games against the Pistons.
4. The Lakers made some three-pointers! The Lakers made some three-pointers! They actually made 10 of 17 from behind the arc (58.8%), definitely improving their numbers for three-pointers made per game (5.5) and three-point accuracy (31.4%).
5. Wesley Johnson continued one of the best runs of his two-year Lakers career, scoring 13 points on five-for-six shooting. He also had a memorable dunk over Josh Smith late in the second quarter. His point totals the last three games: 13, 13 and 19.