Advertisement

WORLD CUP USA ’94 / QUARTERFINALS : Spotlight : NOT WORTH LIVING

Share
<i> Times New Delhi Bureau</i>

For one 40-year-old soccer fan in Bangladesh, life simply wasn’t worth living after Argentina blew its chance to win the World Cup.

After learning that his South American heroes had been knocked out of the tournament, Dabul Sarder swallowed poison, the United News of Bangladesh reported. He was taken to a hospital in the Western Pabna district, where doctors declared him dead Wednesday.

Advertisement